Senior Legal Commercial Counsel
Our client is a market leader in the hyper growth online sports betting industry in the U.S. Having recently gone public, they're expanding their legal team and recruiting a Commercial Attorney whose an expert in negotiating and managing contracts with suppliers, partners and other third parties.
As Senior Counsel in charge of leading all commercial negotiations, you will primarily work on reviewing, negotiating and drafting agreements supporting product development, partnerships, and business development teams and supporting procurement across the company and new product expansion. Experience with issues pertaining to SaaS, data privacy and cloud computing and procurement of tools and services, development, IP, commercial law and revenue recognition is required. You should be excited to work in a dynamic, fast-paced environment as part of a cross-functional group of professionals and have strong communication skills as you work daily with senior management and the Board.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Work closely with the Business Development, Marketing, Product and Finance teams on commercial transactions, including various marketing and technology agreements.
- Structure, negotiate, and close complex SaaS and commercial transactional agreements with a focus on outbound global agreements with enterprise customers and partners, such as master SaaS agreements, purchasing agreements, support agreements, data privacy agreements, partnership agreements, and evaluation agreements.
- Working with the VP, Legal to evaluate and renegotiate or restructure existing agreements
- Review and negotiate inbound vendor agreements.
- Manage and prioritize multiple deals and agreements
- Negotiate and manage complex market access deals as well as partnerships agreements throughout the US and internationally.
- Develop and maintain templates and playbooks for various types of agreements
- Develop and maintain strong working relationships with internal stakeholders and clients
- Develop and deliver training on legal issues and contract processes
- As bandwidth permits, handle other issues and projects that arise in growing in-house legal departments
- 7-12 years of experience as a commercial attorney handling contracts in house for a technology company or at a law firm where you've worked extensively with technology companies as clients;
- Experience as primary or lead negotiator on complex commercial agreements where you have developed the playbook for a technology.
- Extensive experience with software agreements, including SaaS agreements, NDAs, Master Services Agreements, and Content Licenses. Able to lead all negotiations with blue chip companies and national sports federations (an interest in sports helps).
- Experience with contract management systems and processes. Ideally, supervisory experience and ability to recruit a Contracts Administrator and grow your team.
- Ability to work proactively, independently and reliably under tight timeframes in a fast-paced environment.
- Strategic thinker with strong problem-solving skills and the ability to manage conflicting priorities efficiently.
- Flexible amid an ever-changing and growing environment.
- Experience with supporting people/teams remotely.
What they offer
- Competitive compensation package
- Comprehensive health, dental, and vision insurance
- Company paid disability and life insurance
- 401K with employer match
- Employee Assistance Program
- Health Savings Account with employer subsidy
This is an opportunity to join a market leader in the hyper growth digital sports betting industry. It's fast-paced, dynamic and fun industry suiting savvy, driven and sociable people. Lets have a confidential conversation to begin with.